|This enchanted book shares the art and possibilities of telling digital stories. Digital storytelling takes the ancient art of oral storytelling and engages a palette of technical tools to weave personal tales using images, graphics, music and sound mixed together with the author's own story voice.
While there are many technical books on hardware and software as well as traditional storytelling books, there are few books like DigiTales that are written to blend the power of both together. It is meant to help beginning digital storytellers select and use hardware and software as well as provide ideas and resources to enable them to take first steps in digital storytelling.
Here are DigiTales' Chapter Titles:
• Introduction: Let StoryKeepers Be Heard Far and Wide!
• Chapter 1: And That Reminds Me of A Story That Needs to Be Told
• Chapter 2: Enchanting Stories with Digital Tools
• Chapter 3: Storying Around Builds 21 st Century Skills
• Chapter 4: Conjuring Up Story Ideas
• Chapter 5: Stepping Through Making a Digital Story
• Chapter 6: Poof! Creating a DigiTales Toolkit
• Chapter 7: Entering The Technical World of Digital Media
• Chapter 8: Extra! Extra! Resources for Digital Storytelling